Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The snow has stopped!

 I had the great opportunity to get outside today without the snow obstructing my ability to feel my hands enough to grip my camera to take some pictures.  Unfortunately, I went out to explore behind Greenwood parking lot on ASU's campus a little bit too late and the sun set around 5:15 which stole any light that would have been necessary to take pictures.  Thankfully I was able to take a couple pictures before the sun went down.

Although finals are coming up and the semester is nearing the end, I always can relieve any stress that I might be experiencing by taking pictures.  It is such a simple thing, however, it brings me great joy.

The snow that we have experienced over the past couple of days here in Boone has been awesome, ridiculous, huge, fluffy, cold, dangerous(The Wreck), and even a little bit fun.  However, I am telling the truth when I say that I am glad that it has stopped, at least for now.  It is always fun to talk to my parents and brother on the phone and tell them, 'yes, the snow is still coming down...it totals about a foot or so,' and then proceed to ask them how their 3'' of snow in Oak Ridge was.


Best of all is that the snow means that it is time for me to officially break out the skis (even if I have unofficially had them out for about a month now) and hit the slopes.  Although I have yet to experience for myself what kind of heavenly powder the latest snow storm has brought us, I have been told that it is beautiful.

Skiing- one of the most fun things that I have ever done.  When I was first introduced to the art of snow skiing by my girlfriend, Erika, in the spring of '09, I knew that it would be a life long hobby. Granted, the slopes were icy and there was no snow on the ground except for the slopes, it created in me a desire to learn more and get better at such an adrenaline pumping sport.

I am just ready to be done with school for this semester and begin my work filled Christmas break.  Only one more week and three finals and I will be sitting at home on the couch hanging out with the fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment