Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Colored Lights and Streaking Stars


So if you are looking at this picture and saying to yourself, 'What in the world are those red and green lights that are everywhere...even in mid air,' then do I have a story for you.  I was at my girlfriend's apartment when I was cordially invited to go star gazing at Thunder Hill on the parkway, and seeing how I had no idea what Thunder Hill was, and based on the sheer weight of the name, I was very interested in going.  Once we got their, I was told that there was homemade chili involved and the night just kept getting better.  We, meaning me and about 10 others, hiked the short distance to the top of the hill and set out a couple of blankets on top of what we found out were thorn bushes.  We dished out chili and were having a grand ole' time when all of a sudden...someone pulled out some glow sticks.  I still don't know where they came from or why anyone even had them with them, but they ended up being a lot of fun.  I was taking a star trail, or picture like the one above, when we started to throw the glow sticks back and forth.  Next thing you know, we were throwing them as high as we could in the air and then at each other and then back into the air.  Needless to say the camera caught all of that in one single picture and that is what you see above.  The above photo shows the beauty of the night sky, while also showing the beauty of simple pleasures or random fun times.  I didn't even know who all was there that night, but I got to experience community and share life and fun times with others.  I love this picture, because you can't look at it and not wonder what is going on in it.  

1 comment: